June 1, 2009

Successful - Drake Feat. Trey Songz


Drake is about to begin filming the video for his first single "Best I Ever Had" The Canadian Degrassi alum told MTV that he just wants to make women feel special with the video:
The biggest thing about that song is that a lot of women come up to me and say, 'That's my song, because it really makes me feel special.' So I told the directors that were interested that I just want the visuals to coincide with that feeling. I want women to feel special when they watch the visual and say, 'I wish that was me,' or 'I know that feeling.' That's the goal with the video — to be genuine and not sappy. Keep it sexy and keep it together, but still make women smile

IF you haven't heard Drizzy is also working on his debut album and is rumored to have been in the studio with Jay-Z, Kanye West, Lil' Wayne (of course) and some smaller artists (actually the next big thing) Wale and Detroit's own Big Sean (well him working with Wale and Bg Sean are fact more so than rumors). Drake hopes to have the video finished by the time the BET awards air in late June.

T.I. is getting his grind on behind bars and I'm not talking conjugal visits, either. He is set to release a new mixtape entitled, what else but, "A Year and Day." If you remember I posted one of the tracks for the tape that was leaked a couple of weeks ago and features Mary J. Blige "Remember Me." Some of the other featured artists on the mixtape according to MTV are Chris Brown and Kanye West, the tape also features re-realeases of tracks that were featured on the rapper's "Paper Trail" album.

♫ You've seen the video on blogs (including this one before the host site took it down...I'm going to find it again, lol) but Kanye West is NOT a happy camper because "Paranoid" video starring Rihanna was released. According to Ye, the video is "old" and is not the one that was intended for release. Here's what he said on his blog:
IT HURTS ME TO SEE THE OLD AND VERY WRONG VERSION OF THE PARANOID VIDEO GET LEAKED ALL OVER THE NET WHILE I WAS ON AN 11 HR FLIGHT AND COULDN'T DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT. IT'S JUST FRUSTRATING WHEN THIS STUFF HAPPENS BECAUSE I REALLY CARE ABOUT THE PRODUCT AND SINCE VIDEOS NEVER GET PLAYED ANY WAY YOU MIGHT AS WELL TWEAK THEM AND MAKE THEM AS SPECIAL AS POSSIBLE. THE VERSION THAT GOT LEAKED FROM THE CAMERA PHONE LAST WEEK IS AT LEAST A LITTLE CLOSER TO THE FINAL PRODUCT. THANK YOU EVERYBODY FOR YOUR SUPPORT BUT THAT VIDEO WAS NOT UP TO MY STANDARDS.
Word, I admire Kanye, not many artists care about the quality of product they produce as long as they make money off of it. I thought the "wrong" "Paranoid" video was dope, can't wait to see the real one. Below is one of the screenshots for the REAL video that the Louis Vuitton Don posted on his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment