June 25, 2009

Birds of a Feather - Phish: Chelcea

So I have made this the official end of my series on Fli Pelican. The attempts to interview Nino? unsuccessful, which sucks because I really want to talk to him, too. However if something else happens, as I feel it will, you know it will be posted on this blog. This is Chelcea, we met her nearly two months ago and a lot has changed since she first introduced you all to Fli Pelican. Like Juan, Chelcea has also flown the coop and in this interview she discusses her decision and where her focus lies now.

Name: Chelcea S.
Role: Former Fli Pelican Brand Manager


Alex Washington (AW):When I last talked to you about Fli Pelican you were very supportive and representative of the label. Now you have quit. Why?

Chelcea S. (CS): It was a back and forth decision, but I felt that the organization and communication in the company wasn't completely there. It was somewhat starting to get out of hand; so I decided to depart the company.

AW: I'm sure by now you have seen the photos, how did you find out about the allegations against Nino not drawing his own logo?

CS: Juan actually showed me a picture of the Pelican that Buzz had pulled up from the internet.

AW: Have you talked to Nino about the situation?

CS: I haven't talked to Nino since I emailed him and Sherman. But from my point of view I dont believe that there is any bad blood between myself and Fli Pelican. I simply stated in the email my reasons of why I was leaving the company and wished them much success.

AW: How do you feel right now about everything that took place? Do you feel betrayed, angry, or just upset at the way it all went down?

READ MORE



CS: At first I was a little upset but after talking to my family and others in the business, I just took that as a learning experience. I've done so much at such a young age, a lot of people think I'm older than what I really am. So with that being said I'm still young and in college, so that gives me ample amount of time to continue to learn and grow in this industry

AW: Do you regret having worked for, endorsing, and promoting Fli Pelican Clothing?

CS: No I don't regret my decision because like I said it was a learning experience; and within my time with the company I was able to network and build different relationships, as well as learn more about the business. A lot of people may not know that my ultimate goal is to obtain a status into the music industry, fashion never really crossed my mind at first, but now I've gained skills that can be beneficial to me in the future.


AW: A lot of people are supporting yours (as well as Juan's) decision to leave Fli Pelican. Anything to say to those people?

CS: I would really just like to thank everyone for their support, everyone has just showed so much love when we were apart of Fli Pelican as well as after the departure.

AW: What about the ones that think you may be making a mistake?

CS: Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but if youre sometimes looking on the outside in, you cant really see whats going on.

AW: What's next for Chelcea? What are you working on?

CS: Well I'm still a full time student but I'm interested in going into the consulting business. Marketing, promotions and public relations has always been strong points for me and I think I have the ability to help others reach their goals. I am currently in the works of working with a line out of the Baltimore/ New York area by the name of Trixeke. So thats just a preview of whats to come from Chelcea.

AW: Any final words?

I would just like to thank everyone for their support, it was a great experience. Once again I would just like to wish Fli Pelican much more success in the industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment