June 24, 2009

Birds of a Feather - Phish: A Customer


As Juan said yesterday, there has been a string of people that have come out and said that they have been waiting several months for their Fli Pelican orders – which they have paid for – and still have not received them. One of these people is blogger Lanice W. It’s been three months since she placed her $100+ order and she’s still waiting. Interview 2 in the Birds of a Feather: What’s Going on with Fli Pelican? series, Lanice.


Name: Lanice W.
Role: Fli Pelican Customer

Alex Washington (AW): When did you put in your order for Fli Pelican and what did you order?

Lanice W. (LW): On March 23, I ordered a Cliff Skighpelican tee, Fighting Pelicans Undefeated sticker, and The Pelican stickers with the pink hat logo. Four days later, I ordered The Pelicans Spring Cardigan and the FP Classic Button. I didn't receive my package until a month later, and it only had half of my order in it. I only received the cardigan and a small button that I didn't order at all.

AW: Have you contacted Fli Pelican about this matter?

LW: At the time of purchase, I waited a week and a half before I contacted Juan Neal through Twitter. He was the only one, at the time, that I knew was a Detroit representative. Juan did contact me right after I sent him an @reply on Twitter and told me it wouldn't take long at all because there was no middle man involved since they do everything on their own.

AW: As a customer, how do you feel about the allegations brought against Nino? Do you feel betrayed?

READ MORE




LW: I think the allegations against Nino have opened my eyes to the business, and have taught me a lesson to research before I jump into something. I hope that these allegations will help him learn a lesson, and give him a new outlook on the line and where it's going.
I do feel a little betrayed because I had high hopes for the Fli Pelican line since they were creating and producing everything on their own. I expected to get an original product that hadn't been done before as well as wear an exclusive piece of clothing. I was really excited about the line until I found out about the duplication allegations.

AW: What actions are you pursuing now? Would you still like the remaining items of your order or would you like your money back from the items you did not receive?

LW: I found out yesterday that I can contact PayPal and demand they send what I purchased immediately or demand a full refund. I will be demanding the full refund since I waited this long (3 months), and one of the items was limited edtition.

AW: Will you purchase from Fli Pelican again? Why or Why not?

LW: I don't have any intentions on purchasing from Fli Pelican again. This experience has taught me think about what I'm purchasing and who I'm purchasing from before I decide to give out a dime.

No comments:

Post a Comment