June 11, 2009

Yay or Nay: I Like It - Nicole Wray


Who remembers Nicole Wray besides me? I'm not so sure how many of you did, but remember a song that went a lil' something like this:
"I got what you want
Got what you need
Can I get another shot?
This time Imma make it hot."
No? Well surely you remember the Missy E. verse that had that line "I can fly like Kelly, I can glide like skates, Me with no Timbaland is like Puff with no Ma$e."
Anyway, Nicole Wray came out in the late 90's and was associated with the likes of Timbaland, Missy, Ginuwine, you know that whole crew. *sidebar: Master P, Silkk and co. had No Limit, Juvie and Wayne had Cash Money, Eve and DMX had Ruff Ryder, did they [Missy, Timbaland, Ginuwine, Aaliyah} have a name for their entourage of people?*
Well, Ms. Wray (pronounced Ray) has indeed resurfaced with a new look and single. It samples Tupac's "I Get Around."
Yay or Nay: "I Like It" - Nicole Wray.

No comments:

Post a Comment