June 5, 2009

Know What i"m Talking About - Gucci Mane


♫ RZA (yep from the Wu-Tang Clan) is planning a remake of The Last Dragon ( a 1985 Bruce Lee film). Nothing wrong with that, but he wants both Chris Brown and Rihanna to have roles in the film. Awkward Much?

♫ Official News on the Hova front, Jay-Z's album will be released on the 8th anniversary of The Blueprint..which is September 11, 2009 (for all the non-super-fans). Yes, some of the information leaked yesterday, but quality beats delivery with me and I had to assure the accuracy with this (basically info from blogs equal no-no). ANYWAY, this is a big deal, it's his first album with Warner Music Group. Before you jump ahead, that's the other Hov news I have for you, Jay-Z signs on for The Blueprint 3 with WMG/Atlantic, but Roc Nation (his label with Live Nation) goes through Epic. Though this seems complicated, it's all for distribution purposes because supposedly TB3 (my nickname for it) will be distributed through Roc Nation as well. Jay-Z is a business, man; I expect everything to roll through smoothly.

♫ There were rumors floating around that Mos Def had pushed back the release of "Estatic" until August but according to an e-mail Mos Def's label will be releasing the album on time June 9 (THIS TUESDAY), and beginning THIS Saturday, the album will be available for listen on his MySpace page. One track that has my heart jumping rope is the Talib Kweli/Mos Def (Black Star) collab on the Dilla (sidebar: "Jay $tay Paid" released this week, cop that!) beat "History" check it below.


♫ Weezy F. Baby says that "Rebirth" is finally ready for release. Production has finally been completed on the album (which has been pushed back 3 times already). Lil' Waye spoke with MTV briefly at the MTV Movie Awards and naturally was questioned about expectaitons:
Expect great music. That's all I ever want them to expect from me. I wanted to grow and show my growth as well. It's a difference from when you go in a room and come out and you're better and everyone says, 'How did you do that?' So with this album, I wanted everyone to see my growing pains.

I have never been anxious for a Wayne album...and nothing has changed, this shall be interesting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment