May 22, 2009

Gossip Folk - Missy Elliott

What's going on in the music world?

♫ I said it before and I shall say it again, T.I. is running the show. Apparently the rapper filed papers with the courts that would put a 10 day delay on his incarceration. The reason being, he wants to be put in jail closer to Atlanta; T.I. is scheduled to turn himself in on May 26 and will be serving his sentence in an Arkansas prison. Before I was kidding, but how long ago has T.I. been supposed to go to jail? Wasn't he charged and convicted back in early '08? I'm just going to say it, if it were ANY other person (i.e. not a celebrity) it wouldn't have been a year before they were locked down.
Jay-Z is a free man. NO him and Beyonce did not get divorced, Jay-Z told rapradar.com that he has indeed left Def Jam.
I can honestly say, working with Doug Morris and LA Reid has been a unique and fulfilling experience and I respect them immensely. I've been in the family for almost my entire career.
Doug and I spoke directly and had one of the most unique "negotiations" ever. Doug won the toss but, we both won in the end..I thank him for allowing me to be a completely independent artist. Not every artist can say they own or are given the opportunity to own all of their music.

♫ Aubrey Berry, the man accused of murdering Konvict Muzik artist Dolla, bail has been raised to a whomping $5 million according to XXL. Berry and Dolla had a couple of altercations previously, one being at a nightclub in Atlanta where allegedly Dolla and entourage fought (and beat up) Berry and his crew. Berry's defense team is claiming self-defense; reportedly Dolla threatened him at a L.A. PF Chang's restaurant and reached for his waistband and that's when Berry shot Dolla. However, no weapons were found on Dolla at the crime scene. (It's horrible that he assumed he was reaching for a gun, what if it was an inhaler or something?)


♫ XXL reported that Lil' Wayne's album has been pushed back-again- until July. In case you lost count that makes 3 times the date has changed for Rebirth. I'm still skeptical about the finished product.


♫ Jimmy Brooks, Aubrey Graham, and Drake groupies fans can sleep with ease. The Toronto rapper and Young Money affiliate cleared up rumors that he and Rihanna are dating. Drake called in to NY's Hot97 and said that he and Ri Ri are just friends, even though he does acknowledge (to some extent) that he was indeed at the restaurant.
I have the upmost respect for her man, I think she's so talented. I'm honored that they would think of me and start this rumor, but it is not true.
Not only is Drake internationally known and unsigned, now he already has rumors circulating? Too big, too soon?

No comments:

Post a Comment