May 3, 2009

Day N' Nite - Kid Cudi

G.O.O.D. Music/Universal Motown artist Kid Cudi is preparing for his debut album release this year and yesterday on his blog, the man on the moon announced the three artists that will be featured on the album. They are:
Common -of course-,
Kanye West - of course squared-
Snoop Dogg-word?-

Cudi also said that he reached out to Lilly Allen and Andre 3000 (1/2 of the multi-platinum duo Outkast) but the artists declined his request. -personally not surprised.-
Kid Cudi doesn't seemed too hurt by the rejection saying:
IT MADE ME REALIZE THO, DO I REALLY WANNA GO IN ON FEATURES? SURE I LIKE THESE ARTISTS BUT THIS FIRST ALBUM NEEDS TO BE ABOUT WUT I CAN DO. I FEEL LIKE A LOT OF PEOPLE STILL THINK ITS A GAME SO I WILL FOREVER FEEL LIKE I HAVE SUTTIN TO PROVE. U GUYS NEED TO HEAR MORE OF ME...


I think Cudi made the right decision because I hate it when artists, new or old, have someone featured on EVERY track it makes me think they're covering something up and couldn't hold their own at all.
He most certainly has something to prove (to me anyway). Between the little retirement stunt he pulled in March and his not too captivating lyrics, I worry. I do love the beats to his songs, but it does seem that the futuristic sounds MAKE the song. Imagine "Day N Night" without all the Trekkie sound effects....boring right?

Also on yesterday's post Cudders said he was working/will being working on collaboration albums with Chip the Ripper and Ratatat (not at the same time). What I find interesting is that this was said in the SAME post. So you don't want to a lot of features on your album but you're doing not one but TWO collab albums...?

No comments:

Post a Comment