May 29, 2009

Overnight Celebrity - Twista

So I just discovered the most amazing thing. I know in my last post I said I was tired of posting videos, but this has me too excited to not post it. Ok, Little known fact I do play video games, even smaller fact I am in love with the Guitar Hero and Rock Band series. I even like games like SingStar Karaoke. Now on all these games there are usually pop songs or rock songs or "bubblegum" rap songs, but XXL Magazine reported something exciting that I think almost all of you guys will enjoy. Def Jam is to release Def Jam Rapstar.
Video Game authority IGN.com spoke to Lauren Wirtzer, Def Jam Interactive’s vice president of marketing and 4mm CEO Nicolas Perrett to get some incite into the video game. “There are not very many products out there that speak directly to the hip-hop consumer base,” said Wirtzer. “More than just a music game, this is a game that really incorporates all of the crucial elements of this lifestyle. It’s not just about music, it’s about swagger.”

“I think, at the highest level, we’re trying to make a game that appeals to a very broad audience of anyone who has really enjoyed hip-hop music at any point in the last 30 years,” Perrett added. “That’s a really important thing for all of those fans out there who don’t have a hip-hop game that can encompass that breadth of music across that whole period, all the way through to right this second what’s coming out. Even stuff that’ll be coming out at the very same time the game is coming out.”
via XXL Mag

Before you bite my head off, I know some of you may be thinking that's lame but come on, it's a rap karaoke game! There are only a finger full of rap karaoke CD's!!! Wait I didn't even tell you the BEST part, the game will NOT BE DEF JAM ARTISTS ONLY! It will include songs from FOUR major LABELS! How is it possible? Well Def Jam Interactive isn't a record label therefore that means more (and better) songs for the player!

No word on the consoles but my guess the major ones, PlayStation, XBox and maybe even Wii.

Check the trailer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment