May 25, 2009

I Must Be Crazy - Tyrese


I'm used to rappers and singers coming out with side hustles (i.e. clothing lines, acting, record labels) but R&B Tyrese is taking his hustle to a new realm, the 2-Dimensional one. I've seen dudes play super heroes, but Black Ty is releasing a $2.99 comic book, "Mayhem," and it will be released August 5th.
Tyrese wants to break records, comic book selling records, with this one (Who thinks he's gonna top Barack Obama's Spidey issue that I am super pissed about because I couldn't find one?). The R&B superstar is asking people (via Twitter) to pre-order the comic book now.

What the heck is Mayhem going to be about?

Well according to Meltdown.com (the site you're redirected to to pre-order) Mayhem:
begins on the streets of Los Angeles, wherein a brutal crime wave led by the mysterious Big X has the entire city in a state of perpetual fear. With even the police force unable to stop him, MAYHEM, a faceless vigilante with only his partner Malice and an unrelenting vengeance to back him up, strikes back against the criminal hordes. Within three issues of non-stop action, they will take on Big X to dismantle his organization and restore peace to the City of Angels.


Honestly, I think the name is wack as heck and the villain's name, Big X, is way sweeter. In my 20 years of existing this is the first I've heard of this, I mean NKOTB had their own cartoon, but who publishes a comic book? like a real comic?

I wonder if they are going to pick it up in the Sunday papers.

*Pause* Can Tyrese even draw or did he just come up with the concept?

1 comment: