May 13, 2009

Roc Boys (And the Winner Is...) - Jay-Z

Yesterday was the BET Awards 2009 announcing of the awards show nominees. The ones in bold are my projected winners and the names in italics are the ones I think really should win, and the ones with * means both. *there is a difference people*They Are:

Best Male R&B Artist:
The Dream
Jamie Foxx
Ryan Leslie
Ne-yo
T-Pain

Best Female R&B Artist:
Beyonce
Keyshia Cole
Keri Hilson*
Jennifer Hudson
Jazmine Sullivan

Best Group:
Day 26
GS Boys
N.E.R.D.
The Roots
3 6 Mafia

Best Collaboration:
"Blame It" - Jamie Foxx feat. T-Pain
"Turnin' Me On" Keri Hilson feat. Lil' Wayne
"Pop Champagne" Jim Jones & Ron Brown feat Juelz Santana
"Live Your Life" - T.I. feat. Rihanna
"Ain't I" Yung LA feat Young Dro and T.I.

Best Male Hip Hop Artist:
Lil' Wayne
Rick Ross
T.I.
Kanye West
Young Jeezy

Best Female Hip Hop Artist:
Lil' Mama
M.I.A.* -- Only on B.E.T. because of "Swagger Like Us"
Trina

Best New Artist: (sidebar, this is almost difficult)
Keri Hilson*
Kid Cudi
Ryan Leslie
M.I.A.
Jazmine Sullivan

Best Gospel Artist:
Regina Belle
Shirley Caesar
Mary Mary*
Smokie Norful
Trin-I-Tee 5:7

Video of the Year:
"If I Were a Boy" - Beyonce
"Single Ladies" - Sasha Fierce (lol)
"Blame It" - Jamie Foxx feat. T-Pain
"Live Your Life" - T.I.
"Heartless" - Kanye West

Video Director of the Year:
Benny Boom
Rick Cordero
Gil Green
Chris Robinson
Hype Williams*

Best Actor:
Common
Idris Elba
Samuel L. Jackson
Will Smith
Jamal Woodard

Best Actress:
Angela Bassett
Rosario Dawson
Taraji P. Henson*
Jennifer Hudson
Beyonce Knowles

Male Athlete of the Year:
Kobe Bryant
Reggie Bush (<3 him...and Tory Polamalu...that's random)
LeBron James*
Dwayne Wade
Tiger Woods

Female Athlete of the Year:
Tamika Catchings
Lisa Leslie
Candace Parker*
Serena Williams
Venus Williams

BET J Award:
Musiq Soulchild*
Raphael Saadiq
Seal
Solange
Jazmine Sullivan

No comments:

Post a Comment