July 18, 2009

Rumor Has - Jeezy feat. Pharrell

It's been a while...

♪ At Rock The Bells, Outkast member Big Boi debuted some of his new music from his up and coming album. Well, according to reports by XXL, Big Boi has left Jive Records and will be joining the Def Jam roster. Apparently, Big Boi became annoyed with the several pushbacks made on his album Sir Luscious Left Foot: The Son of Chico Dusty. All the i's haven't been dotted nor have all the t's been crossed, but pretty soon Big Boi will be BACK with his former boss LA Reid (Reid signed Outkast to LaFace Records back in the day). Outkast is also scheduled to release a new album in the upcoming year.

Tony Yayo thinks The Game is making a big mistake my dissing Jay-Z. The G-Unit rapper told MTV:
They got too much money. Dudes got sniper money. You gotta chill. I chill. You gotta leave them kinda dudes alone. That's how I look at it.

Don't know what's going down (you may not have been to Juan's blog lately) but The Game dissed Jay-Z and Mrs. Knowles-Carter (Beyoncé for the slower ones) at a concert in Madrid because he was upset that Jay had supposedly said something about him in a song. This beef is nothing new and has been going on for a few years and at a recent concert Hov shut The Game down with one line at his July 7th show in Chicago:
"I ain't talking about gossip, I ain't talking about Game, I ain't talking about Jimmy, I ain't talking about Dame."


♪ It's no secret that a few rappers have ghostwriters, but did you expect Snoop Dogg to say he had one (or several)? Yup. Snoop told XXL that for his upcoming project, Malice in Wonderland, he was going to speaking through the mouths of babes.
I got a couple of my little homies that’s putting the pen to the paper. I be letting my homies get on by writing and expressing they thoughts through me. I be letting them have opportunities to be a star through me.

Honestly, I can't help but wonder about some of his past projects. To me rappers and writers go together like oil and vinegar, they don't mix. However, I'm sure there are loads of rappers with ghostwriters...I think I'd rather not know.

T.I.'s Re-release of Paper Trail has been shelved. According to MTV, Paper Trail: Case Closed, will never be released. However according to an Atlantic rep the additional tracks will be released digitally, probably via iTunes. T.I. is currently serving a jail sentence of 1 year and 1 day but recently released his video for "Remember Me" featuring Mary J. Blige.

No comments:

Post a Comment