March 10, 2010

Speed of Sound - Mike Posner

With all the drama surrounding the Chip Tha Ripper show that never happened everything else that happened that week became null and void. On Feb. 25, the Thursday before that "show," Mike Posner and Big Sean performed at CMU for a sold out crowd of nearly 1,300. I worked on this show and help get things together and to see the outcome of it was unreal. If you follow me on Twitter then you know everything, how the tickets sold out in the first 30-40 hours, Mike Posner asking for a barber, Big Sean getting lost, the flying Willie the Kid mixtapes ...

I've seen them both perform before but I think seeing them at CMU meant more to me than when I saw them at Wayne State University's Mad Anthony concert nearly a year ago. Mostly because it was a piece of Detroit in Mount P, and I helped make it happen (well I helped a little, a lot). People from all over the state were there and your favorites including Dante Marshall, Cliff Skighwalker and Rodney. Detroit was heavy in the building Burn Rubber and Motivation fitted out .

When it comes to music at CMU, "rap" shows never do well, and true Mike Posner isn't a rapper, but that's what it has been coined as. Fabolous and Day 26, concert was made possible at CMU in September, and tickets had to basically be forced in kids hands in order for us to have a good turnout. It was crazy because you had all these people (if you know CMU's demographic you know they were mostly "suburbanites") cheering for Big Sean and Mike Posner.

Why am I talking about this ish now?

The event was about two weeks ago, true, but I never posted anything about it and today I saw this video that the Detroit News did on Mike Posner, I didn't even know they were there! Also a few other videos have started to spring up so I said, #kanyeshrug and decided to post a few.


Your favorite blogger and your favorite writer #saysomething





There's still a video that I have to edit together, but for now this shall be enough for you.

The two photos at the top aren't mine, they belong to a girl by the name of Amanda R.

No comments:

Post a Comment