March 1, 2010

Young Boy Talk - Wiz Khalifa

XXL Magazine finally released all ten freestyle videos as well as leaked the cover for their annual Freshmen 10 issue.
 
It's definitely cool to see Big Sean on the cover after the budding anticipation for the last few years. Honestly I was disappointed when I saw OJ Da Juiceman and Nipsey Hu$$le were Freshmen and I know a few other people were as well.

I decided to do my own 10 Freshmen for 2010 list and I think it would have made for a better cover than the current one (of course I'm going to say this since It's my own).

10 Freshmen for 2010 (revamped)

  • Big Sean
  • Wiz Khalifa
  • J. Cole
  • Jay Electronica
  • XV
  • Kidz in the Hall
  • Dom Kennedy
  • Chip Tha Ripper 
  • Fly.Union
  • Willie the Kid


How I came up with my list?

I looked at how active they were last year, how people reacted to them, what moves they are currently making, if they seem like they'll be able to make a lasting impression and of course talent and skill
PLUS think how dope their freestyle vids would be?
Maybe these choices only make sense to me and I'm sure someone reading this will disagree, but #kanyeshrug.

I plan on doing a Michigan Freshman Class pretty soon. #staytuned.

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't too upset about Nipsey Hussle being apart of the freshmen class. Although, I'm not too thrilled either. As far as OJ da Juiceman goes, I'm thoroughly pissed about that. There are too many talented rappers to choose from to be choosing OJ.

    I do agree with your list. I would've put Naledge instead of Kidz in the Hall because Double-O is the producer and Naledge is the rapper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, but as Kidz in the Hall, they have an album next dropping next week so breaking them up just didn't seem smart to me.

    ReplyDelete