March 11, 2010

Guess Who's Next - Young Scolla

It's no secret that I support the locals, just take one minute to look around this blog and you'll see how much love I have for my favorite known unknowns. I generally don't post about events but this one is different.
The homie Young Scolla is doing an instore at Freshman Clothing this Saturday, it'll be hosted by CiCi Ross, he'll be showing the music video for "Decisions" and copies of his EP "Escaping Reality" will be available for sale.
This is what I love about this instore: Young Scolla? Detroit artist. Freshman Clothing? Detroit business. Everything about this screams Detroit and I'm happy to see it happen.
I guess you would consider this Young Scolla's Detroit send off as he is preparing to head down to Texas next week to perform at this year's SXSW (South by Southwest) festival.
He'll be performing at Urb Magazine's Official Next 100 stage next Thursday along with some other favorites including BJ the Chicago Kid, Dom Kennedy, 88-Keys, Izza Kizza and XXL Freshman Donnis (BTW the last three will be performing at the Crofoot in Pontiac tonight for the Crowd Control Tour with Kidz in the Hall).
This instore is more than supporting a musician and a clothing company, it's about supporting Detroit. I know this is probably a very cliché phrase right now, but everyone involved is making moves not only for themselves but the 313 as well.
So if you have a second on Saturday, swing through, say "what up doe" and Support Detroit.

No comments:

Post a Comment