February 18, 2010

Yay or Nay: Smiling in Ya Face - Mark Milly

Every once in a while I would get an @ reply from a Baltimore rapper,who at the time I thought nothing of. Not that I thought he was crazy,but I didn't think it was a big deal he was following me. I don't know what led me to his page, but there I saw a video of one of Lucky a.k.a. Mark Milly's recent performances which really sparked my interest in the MC. The 20-something MC decided he wanted to rap when he was 12 and drew influence from Snoop Dogg, Master P and Bone Thugs-N-Harmony before starting a group in middle school. In recent years (long after the disbanding of that preteen rap group) Lucky has been focusing much on his own career and like many young MC's, he shows promise. Yay or Nay: "Smiling in Ya Face" - Lucky a.k.a Mark Milly.


1 comment: