February 18, 2010

Hip Hop is in my Veins - Miz Korona

Shortest post and a first in Tha 'A' Side history, I'm straight jacking another blog/site. My favorite frenemy Marcel over at WHUTUPDOE.com got an exclusive, that I must say I'm somewhat jealous of: Miz Korona's unmixed, unreleased (until now) mixtape Dope Muzik.
Here's what Korona had to say to about the project :

Dope Muzik was a project of passion. I was inspired to do it after losing two of our most influential artist from the city, Dilla & Proof, and listening to a lot of their music both recent releases and classic unreleased material along with other classic albums based out of the early to mid 90’s. Then I approached The Lab Techs about doing the project with me around 06 but our schedules put a halt to the project. A year later I met Chanes and the idea resurfaced and the rest is history. We started recording it in 2008.

The concept and title came from the mind state that the beats and rhymes from that [early-mid 90’s] era put me in. Everything was dope back then. The style of the rhyme patterns, the beats, the way they shot videos: I just wanted to recapture that in my own way.

Also, drug addiction was at an all time high around that time so I tried to tap into the mind of an addict but from an artist standpoint.

We recorded the album in 7 days. I recorded a song the first day I met Chanes. The second day I went back and we worked for 18 hours straight, knocked out 10 songs all from scratch.

To Download Dope Muzik, CLICK HERE



No comments:

Post a Comment