December 30, 2009

Top of My Class - JFin


Not only is 2009 almost over, but the first decade of the (not-so) new millennium is almost over as well. I've been thinking about the top albums of the decade, and if you follow me on Twitter (which 7 out of 10 who visit this page do) then you might have seen some of my claims. Well, instead of saying them in 140 characters or less, I decided to just do a blog post of my 25 albums of the decade. These are in no particular order and solely my opinion.

*I'm only talking rap/hip-hop albums as well, if I threw in every music category some of these may not have made the cut.

  1. College Dropout - Kanye West
  2. The Blueprint - Jay-Z
  3. Marshall Mathers LP - Eminem
  4. Stillmatic - Nas
  5. Speakerboxx/Love Below - Outkast
  6. Lord Willin' - The Clipse
  7. Food & Liquor - Lupe Fiasco
  8. Trinity (Past, Present, Future) - Slum Village
  9. Miss E...So Addictive - Missy Elliott
  10. The Carter - Lil' Wayne
  11. Fishscale - Ghostface Killah
  12. In My Mind - Pharrell
  13. The Naked Truth - Lil' Kim
  14. Be - Common
  15. Genesis - Busta Rhymes
  16. Let There Be Eve - Eve
  17. Word of Mouf - Ludacris
  18. Thug Motivation 101 - Young Jeezy
  19. Beware of Dog - Bow Wow
  20. Country Grammar - Nelly
  21. Get Rich or Die Tryin' - 50 Cent
  22. Let's Get Ready - Mystikal
  23. King - T.I.
  24. The Black Album - Jay-Z
  25. The Eminem Show - Eminem
If you saw my first list, I had to remove Dr. Dre's Chronic 2001, because it dropped in 1999 and not 2000 like I thought.

Some are obvious choices, others may seem somewhat strange to you. Have any questions just leave me a comment, tweet me, send me a kite, smoke signal, something.

No comments:

Post a Comment