December 29, 2009

Mo Power - Black Milk

So lately, I've been noticing my blog is slowly becoming more and more Detroit hip-hop ... I'm actually fine with that. To hear me speak about the way I feel about the Detroit scene is to hear a 5-year-old kid on a sugar high, riding a roller coaster in Toys 'R' Us with Santa Claus and dancing with Spongebob. I remember back during my senior year of high school I had an XXL Magazine and it had a feature on Black Milk in it, at the time I didn't know who he was, all I knew was he was Detroit and in a national mag, so he must be good.
Black Milk is my favorite producer out of Detroit right next to Dilla. He's worked with Slum Village, eLZhi, Royce Da 5'9", Phat Kat and a slew of others. He's currently working on his own album set to be released Summer 2010 entitled 'Album of the Year.'
Last week his name kept popping up, and so I figure I'd catch you up.

First up, Burn Rubber and Acapulco Gold collabed on the Detroit Riots collection in honor of the historic riots that changed the city in 1967. This is more than just a line of clothing, some local heavyweights collabed on a Black Milk produced track. It features T3, Buff 1, Ro Spit, Fat Ray, One Be Lo, Marv Won, Fatt Father, and Phatboy Chef—a lot to take in.


On Christmas Day, Black Milk released a new joint of his own that features AB. The track is called "Keep Going."


Black Milk also uploaded a new video blog and takes the time to talk about his next project and the meaning behind the title 'Album of the Year' (it doesn't mean what you think it does either). Take a few minutes and peep the video below.



Black Milk definitely is working as a juggling act, but I know I for sure can't wait to see the finished product and what else he has to bring to 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment