December 18, 2009

Late - KR

Like his lil' bro, JFin, KR has been in the studio working on the follow up mixtape to this summer's 'Amnesia.' His next project, 'The Chain of Memories II' (I love the title) will be dropping sometime after the New Year.

In the meantime, KR is prepping folks for the release by dropping songs every Monday and Friday (must be a family thing). His series is titled "Monday Night Raw/ Friday Night Smackdown" and according to his blog he named it after the wrestling shows because:

"... I've been watching wrestling since I was about five years old and it's a habit I never broke out of. ... I wanted this series to reflect some of my favorite shit coming up. I got a thing for nostalgia."
The first two tracks of the series dropped Monday with another pair (maybe a single track) drops sometime today. The first track is "Blockstars," which is only about 1:30 in length but packs a lot of punch, "Pow ... right in the kisser."


The second joint is called "Curious," and KR stays true to the nostalgia feel by mocking the 'Living Single' theme song but even with that reference aside it has a 90s feel to it.



Now you may be quick to compare him and JFin to each other and I'm repeating myself and suggesting that you don't do that. While there are some similarities in wordplay between the two, they definitely vary in delivery.

If you want the rest of the "Monday Night Raw/Friday Night Smackdown" tracks KR has coming, just follow him on Twitter or check his blog every Monday and Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment