December 31, 2009

Honestly - Lumidee

Alrighty, so I picked my songs for the year, BUT my list is different from others. You've heard me say it and you've seen me post on it; there is a bunch of music I just became familiar with this year, like loads. So what instead of posting a logical list of the top 2009 rap songs, below you'll find 15 songs that are my favorites I have heard this year. For a song to be my favorite, it has to do one thing—make me sad when it's over. That may sound dumb to some people, but I know music fans know what I'm talking about. It's hard to explain the influence music has had on me in relations to me being a writer, but just know that it did. Note that not all of the songs were released this year. I didn't do it intentionally but most of the songs on the list are Detroit Hip-Hop songs. (Hey, I'm addicted). Peep my favorite songs of 2009:

  • Boomerang Slang - eLZhi
  • Everybody's Nobody - XV
  • Not Tonight - Slaughterhouse
  • Glow - eLZhi
  • Stop - J. Dilla
  • Climax (Girl Sh*t) - Slum Village
  • Letyourselfgo - Evidence
  • Tell Me Why - iLLite
  • Get Live - Slum Village
  • I Know the Secret - Buff 1
  • Detroit Riots - Fat Ray, One Be Lo, Ro Spit, Marv Won, T3, Phatboy Chef, Fatt Father, & Buff 1
  • She's the One - Royce Da 5'9 feat. Eminem
  • Pipe Down - Nametag
  • Brother's Keeper - Finale
  • Auditorium - Mos Def feat. Slick Rick
So there you have it, 15 songs that kind of taught me the most this year. Granted some (like the "Detroit Riots" joint) are fairly new, but trust, the amount of playage (my blog, my made up word) it's getting is something terrible [well good not terrible]. I haven't neglected songs released in 2009, basically everything that was on my Summer 2009 playlist is still getting played...heavily. Hopefully this makes up for the interesting choices I made yesterday for the Top 25 albums (I'm still sticking by my claims).

If you want to download my list, you can HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment