April 30, 2009

Bad Day - Asher Roth: UPDATE!!!

Last week I posted the Tweet that Asher Roth said - and is now regretting- about his trip to Rutgers University. Well, he deleted the Tweet- pologies and released an official statement today. Unsurprisingly he says that his team deleted the apologetic tweets in an effort to control the situation - he should hire a new team.
“The twitter situation was an immature attempt to poke fun at an infamously moronic joke. In doing so, I unconsciously stooped to the level of its originator, making it just as bad, if not worse. Pathetic. Lesson learned - nothing good can come from repeating hateful words, regardless of your intentions. Leaving no context in what was being said and being presented through text (no facial or vocal inflection) the sarcasm of the joke (or lack there of) was not properly perceived and left it purely in bad taste. I immediately apologized for my immaturity but the apologies and original post were deleted by my team in an effort to prevent more people from being offended. Unfortunately, the deletion of these statements led several people to believe that my apology was insincere, which is why I have made the decision to release this statement.”
-Asher Roth
via XXL

No comments:

Post a Comment