October 28, 2010

MaeDay MaeDay!

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Mae Day is one of my favorite MCs.

#Period

It could be because she doesn't feed into the stereotype of the female rapper or the fact that she can (and has) held her own on a track full of guys— Take the Michigan Remix to P.L.'s "Blue and Yellow" for example.

Mae Day has been in the studio working on a new project, which last I heard was still untitled but expected to release this fall/winter.

What I really admire about Mae Day is she takes her time with her music, which is something that many don't do. I asked her about it while working on the Fab Four story for Real Detroit Weekly and she said:

 I don't like to rush out material because I set the bar so high for myself, so I hope the listeners are patient with me. I'm putting my soul into this thing.
Admirable right?


She released some old tracks that aren't going to be on her next project but are definitely still worthy of a listen.


Both were produced by De Notes and I can't help but wonder: If these are on the cutting room floor* , what have they cooked up for her album.


*I know it's a film term, but for this, it works.


No comments:

Post a Comment