July 3, 2010

Music Video: Hassani Kwess


The good thing about having friends in other places, is learning about the music scene in their respective cities. The homie Young Scolla directed me to this joint by Hassani Kwess, a rapper out of the DMV area. His mixtape 'Tron' drops tonight at midnight and I'm assuming will be made available on his bandcamp page. He recently dropped the video for one of the mixtape tracks, "Midnight Bravado," shot in D.C. and directed by Jay Dexter, a D.C. based photographer and videographer. The song definitely reminds me of the 90s, specifically his flow and delivery reminds me of Common Sense (around that time of "I Used to Love H.E.R."). My interest is definitely piqued in this guy and if the joints on Tron are anything like this, it should be something worth listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment