June 22, 2010

Keep the Change - Cold Men Young

Cold. Men. Young.

I've been trying to write something on these phenomenal four gentlemen forever.
Kopelli, Mic Write, Blaksmith and Phenom make up the hip-hop quartet and if you really look at it, Cold Men Young ... Coleman Young, clever right?
<a href="http://coldmenyoung.com/track/det-riot">Det Riot!&#8734; by Cold Men Young</a>

Anyway, they have this album, Champagne Nights/Red Stripe Budget that dropped in April and I've been listening to it since then. I feel it's only right for me to post it on here since I never did. Thing is, I know a lot of people don't know who they are, haven't heard of them and unless you follow me on Twitter you never heard me mention them.

The idea of four guys as one group may seem outrageous or that it wouldn't work but as CMY has proven it's not the case.  From the spoken word intro to the collab with Street Justice, Champagne Nights/Red Stripe Budget is truly enjoyable.

If the question of who they are is killing your brain right, check this video interview I found of them, they know themselves better than I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment