December 23, 2010

Some Guys Win 'Em All - Ron Dance

Last year, the city embraced his beard, this holiday season it's all about his vest but on December 29th, it'll be all about Ron Dance as he celebrates his __ birthday and album release for Flidelphia's 'The In Crowd' (a duo comprised of Ron Dance and producer Nameless).

Plush Lounge (13090 Inkster Rd, Redford, MI)  | 21+ | $10

The event will be hosted by one of Michigan's favorite fellows (and Dance's 101 counterpart) Ro Spit .

Let me back up a second, if you're not familiar with Ron Dance go look at any Detroit music video that came out this year like Ro Spit's "Renaissance State of Mind", Dwele's "What's Not to Love", Marv Won's "Totally Awesome", Miz Korona's "Playground", Paradime's "Lovely Day" and  simply look for a beard.

Besides being a highly sought after local video vixen, he hosts the uStream live webcast The Ron Dance Show every Sunday at 9:30 p.m. mostly known for the outrageous amount of alcohol, random conversations, stories with no punchlines and home to the phrase Struck by Chuck, the Ron Dance Show is as real as real life can get.

I've been a guest on that show twice and please believe me when I say ... that it's 100% real, unscripted and makes Monday and your liver HATE you.


I'm Straying.

Someone asked me why they should attend the album release party for someone who the entire city says can't rap.

I'll tell you why.

While his rap career has been the butt of many jokes (and I do mean plenty, so much so he chose to embrace the concept on his last EP, Some Guys Win 'Em All), Ron Dance can throw a heck of a party.

In July, there was the Ron Dance Experience at TV Lounge and it defied every law of life there is because whilst no one likes his raps, the place was packed inside and out.

This will probably be the last time for 2010 your favorite locals will all be in one place drinking merrily and chatting it up before the New Year.

PLEASE leave the "I gotta mixtape" and "What's up on a feature/RDW cover/blog post" talk at the door.  I can't speak for everyone else but do know, that I will indeed ignore you and carry on with my Corona for the night.

Bottom line: Be there. It'll be fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment