November 18, 2010

Music Video: Shook Ones - Diggy

Yes, you read that title accurately, America's favorite young Simmons has decided to tackle the classic Mobb Deep track "Shook Ones, Pt. II" from their 1995 album, 'The Infamous'.

Aside from the fact that Diggy was born the same year this dropped, I must say what he's doing is interesting. I think Diggy is trying to cover his tracks across the board. What I mean is, he doesn't want to be Lil' Bow Wow, he wants his market to be bigger and I think he thinks tackling classics could be the way to garner attention from the older generations.

I could be wrong.

If you remember a while ago, he tackled Nas' "Made You Look" which is what got a lot of people looking him at more than just the Reverend's son. He then got signed, dropped a mixtape, did a few bars in the BET Hip-Hop Awards cypher, the list kind of goes on for the kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment